Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
The Bible is God’s unique revelation to people. It is the inspired, infallible Word of God, and the supreme and final authority on all matters upon which it teaches. No other writings are vested with such divine authority.
All people are created in God’s image, yet apart from Jesus Christ all people are spiritually lost and deserve the judgment of God, However God provides salvation through His son for those who put their trust in Him. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received in humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross. It is received in an act of obedience by the sinner to the command of God to be saved, and is demonstrated by an on-going desire to walk holy before the Lord.
God the Father
There is only one God, creator of heaven and earth. He exists eternally as three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each Person is fully God yet each is personally distinct from the other.
Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless human life, and willingly took upon Him all our sin. He bodily died and rose again in a physical resurrection. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father as our advocate and mediator. Someday, He will return and fulfill the eternal plan of God.
The Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin and draws people to Christ. He indwells all believers and seals them unto the day of redemption. He empowers each believer to lead a Christ-like life, and gives each believer spiritual gifts.
Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be separated from God into eternal condemnation. Believers will be received into God’s eternal and loving presence and rewarded for their faithfulness to Him.
The local church is a congregation of believers who gather worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, and mutual accountability and community with each other. Through the local church, the believer invests time, energy, and resources to fulfill the Great Commission.
FOUR THINGS GOD WANTS YOU TO KNOW
1. You Need To Be Saved
- “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3b
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- “For, there is not a just man upon the earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Ecclesiastes 7:20
- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags.” Isaiah 64:6
- “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way.” Isaiah 53:6a
2. You Cannot Save Yourself
- “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us.” Titus 3:5a
- “By the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Galatians 2:16b
- “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” James 2:10
- “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” Proverbs 14:12
- “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
3. Jesus Has Already Provided for Your Salvation
- “Who (Jesus) his own self bare our own sins in his body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness.” I Peter 2:24a
- “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God.” I Peter 3:18a
- “For he hath made him to be sin for us , who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” II Corinthians 5:21
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
4. By Faith Accept Him Today
- “And they said, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” Acts 16:31
- “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” I Timothy 2:5
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “Behold, now is the day of salvation.” II Corinthians 6:2b
- “Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.” Isaiah 55:6
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We would love to share more with you about who we are. :)